I’ve often heard it said that women have spaghetti brains. It’s no wonder. We’re definitely multi-managers.
We nurse babies, wrangle toddlers, manage businesses, sweep homes. We handle accounts, engineer rockets, take math tests, and make it home by curfew.
It’s understandable that our minds are all over the place. But whether you consider yourself a Mary or a Martha (Luke 10:38-42,) you can find peace of mind.
5 Ideas for Peace:
- Take your troubles to God. The Bible has tons of verses about handing your worries over to God. Peter 5:7 says to cast your cares on Him because He cares for you. Isn’t that the most wonderful thing! God cares for us. He cares for you!
- Share your worries with a trusted friend or mentor. Sometimes it just takes a good conversation to get out of your head and into a more positive mindset.
- Talk to a minister or counselor. These sources can help you reframe your worries into more manageable chunks.
- Some people find journaling very helpful to clarify what’s going on in their mind.
- Remember to exercise. You’d be amazed how a quick walk could help with your body-mind connection. My nurse practitioner told me that feel-good endorphins are released at about 20-30 minutes of exercise.
James 5:16 says that the prayer of the righteous is highly effective. If you have a prayer request, we at Central Valley would be happy to add you to our prayer list!
Even for us with spaghetti brains!
We offer Ladies Connect Group on Wednesday nights from 6-7 PM. Please let us know if you’d like to join us tonight!