Matthew 5:5 NIV
“Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.”
Matthew 5:5 Easy-to-Read Version
“Great blessings belong to those who are humble. They will be given the land God promised.”
- Define meekness.
- Gentle, humble, patient in submission.2 What are some examples of showing gentleness to others?
- Mother caring for her child (Thessalonians 2:7)
- Tough Love
- Hugging your spouse when he/she messes up without saying anything
- What are some ways that Jesus demonstrate gentleness?
- Jesus shows mercy to the adulterous woman at the well while others wanted to stone her.
- Jesus hung out with the outcasts of society.
- Jesus’ response to Thomas’ doubt.
- Jesus interactions with children.